Friday, July 4, 2014

A Little Bit of Me

Hi ya'll! Welcome to my blog! I'm fairly new to the blogging world but figured I'd give it a try. After all, I don't have to be limited to 140 characters here! Before I get into any nitty-gritty posts, how about I introduce myself and let ya'll get to know me a bit better?

My name is Darby and I am 20 years old. I grew up in a small Kentucky town and still live there to this day. I'd describe myself as a people-person....which can be a good and bad thing. Good, because I've never met a stranger and I love learning about others. Bad, because I usually tend to trust everyone (Now I know some of you are cringing at the thought of that but it's just how I am) until they give me a reason not to. I'm definitely one of those annoyingly optimistic people who will dig until she hits China when trying to find a bright side to a situation. So bear with me, because I know I'll find that bright side at some point! Hmmm.... lets see.... what else? 

I am a child of the ONE TRUE KING! I serve the risen Savior and I do my absolute best to follow His plan for my life...which at this moment currently has me working two part time jobs as a barista and a babysitter. I love my jobs!! Now some people wouldn't necessarily see my being out of school as a good thing (and believe me, I've had MANY inform me of the negatives) but I can assure you that I am doing what God has planned for me and I am okay! :) God is such a HUGE part of my life so I seek His guidance and opinion in all matters of my life. I hope that throughout my posts that my love for Him will show!

Not only do I love God, family, and friends... but I also love all things southern! Southern sweet tea, southern summer nights, southern sports, etc etc. Pretty much you can stick an anchor, a bow, or a gun on it and I'll love it. This blog isn't going to be strictly devoted to one subject. I wanted this to be a place where many topics can be discussed. Some days will be better than others and I'm okay with that! If nothing else, I hope that ya'll are able to get at least a little encouragement for your day!

You'll learn little bits and pieces more about me as more posts are written. Thank you so much for taking the time to check out this blog! I hope you enjoy your stay!

From my southern heart to yours, 
Darby

No comments:

Post a Comment